With over 20-years of experience in career coaching, I am passionate about your success. A career coach is there to provide you with a sounding board as you search for work or are taking steps to enjoy more success in your current role. You will be able to proactively progress your career or land a new position in a shorter period than if you did so without the benefit of my career coaching services.
Looking for a job can be a frustrating experience, and it can have highs and lows. Having a proactive, caring, resourceful, committed coach working with you will give you the confidence to continue your search. I provide no-cost assessment tools for my clients to help them achieve success.
I Can Help You By:
- Providing career coaching for you throughout your job search and transition into a new role.
- Coaching you in your new leadership, management and professional role.
- Recommending proven best practices to research and secure new opportunities.
- Teaching you to effectively communicate with key decision-makers.
- Supporting you as you build and grow your professional network.
- Developing best practices to secure meetings with executives and hiring managers.
- Helping you prepare your job search tools, including updating your resume and LinkedIn profile narrative to stand out
- Improving your interview skills and confidence.
As a collaborative coach, building a rapport with my clients is the key to my success. I am committed to providing you with the advice you need to get past roadblocks and challenges and land that dream job. I have a passion for my chosen field and have the necessary motivation to get my clients on the path to career success.
Career Coaching – Initial Meeting
I begin with a 30-minute meeting with each new client to determine what is most important to them and what they are looking for in a coach. This meeting helps me understand the challenges and stumbling blocks you may have. I want to learn as much as possible about your work experience, goals and plans so that I can help you achieve the success that you are seeking.
Some clients need to implement the following steps in their work search. Some clients will only need some of these steps. I will work with you to develop a plan and determine the best approach to reach your career goals.
1) Assessment – I will send you an online assessment and set up a follow-up meeting to plan the next steps.
2) Research –It is essential to understand the type of workplace you desire, what roles may be a match for you and where your skills and experience will be in demand. This research will be based on discussions with people who work in industries and companies that interest you. I am there to guide you through this step using my own best practices.
3) Networking – I will coach you to effectively communicate with people who may know about career opportunities in your field and can introduce you to people in their network. 80% of people find work and advance their careers by building their network.
4) Development of Work Search Tools – These tools include your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile and interview skills. I will work with you to ensure that your resume and cover letter will differentiate you from other applicants. We will work together to create a narrative on your LinkedIn profile that highlights what employers will be interested in.
5) Salary Negotiations – I will coach you on negotiating the best salary and benefits for your job. I will help you leverage your skills and experience to showcase what you offer to prospective employers.
COVID-19 Career Coaching
Since the pandemic, there have been many changes in the workplace. Corporate clients have hired me to coach their management team, which the current reality has impacted. These are challenging times; however, new opportunities are available in the marketplace. I work with clients to secure new roles and enjoy greater success.